Friday, May 24, 2013

Black and White and Bedford

I love May in Indiana, and I wish I'd had my camera with me at the office today to capture all of the people decked out in black and white.  I've worn black and white all week in celebration of the upcoming Indy 500.  Today, I wanted to wear a recent purchase from a great little independent boutique, Pretty Woman, in southern Indiana.  When my mother-in-law introduced me to it last summer, I admit I was skeptical that a boutique in Bedford would have much worth blogging about.  I. Was. Wrong!  This locally run business has plenty to get excited about, with high quality, unique and trendy options at reasonable prices.  Tribal, Insight, and Focus 2000 are just a few of the brands I was familiar with and happy to see in this hidden gem of a shop.   Moreover, the atmosphere is relaxed and upscale, and the owner has offered me both complimentary margaritas and diet coke (an admitted addiction) while I shopped!

The polka dot ruffled collar blouse featured in yesterday's post came from Pretty Woman, as did this fun dress and shrug brought in for the race season.  The dress did present one challenge, though - do I wear it with the quilted black leather and white patent slingback spectators, or the black and white stripe platform peep toe pumps with custom monogram clips!!!  Which do you prefer?
Dress:  Michael Tyler
Striped Shoes:  Cami (Kohl's)
Monogram Shoe Clips:  Initial Perfection (Etsy)
Quilted Spectators:  Shoedazzle.com
Collar Necklace:  Charming Charlie
Watch:  Wyler (vintage 1940s)
 If you live in or visit southern Indiana, it's worth a visit!

Pretty Woman
3124 5th Street
Bedford, IN
(812) 279-5710

Fashion is what you buy; Style is what you do with it!


2 comments:

  1. What a darling ensemble! I have family in the area and I'll have to check out Pretty Woman when I'm there. I'm in love with those spectator pumps and could probably swing them since they are slingbacks. (I wear a narrow and it's very hard to find narrow shoes ;-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you do check out Pretty Woman. It is in a Victorian style house. I think you'll like it.

      Delete