Tuesday, May 28, 2013

One Skirt, Two Ways

Shopping in your own closet for new ways to wear clothing you already own can be a rewarding and budget-friendly way to stretch your wardrobe.  This month, I transformed a casual Friday cotton maxi skirt into a race day ready sundress.
  
For the office, I paired the long skirt with mustard accents and anchored the slightly nautical feel of the black and white stripes with Lindsay Phillips snap shoes.  I'm a big fan of these shoes that, like the skirt, morph easily into a different look.  See my prior post for more about the brilliant versatility of Lindsay Phillips shoes.
For the Indianapolis 500, I simply pulled up the elastic waistband of the cotton t-shirt like material to turn it into a dress, and belted the waist to add structure.  The forecast called for milder than usual temperatures, so I layered my new "sundress" with a shrug and a denim jacket that could be easily removed as the day warmed up.  The checkered flag buttons on my Lindsay Phillips switchflops and matching fingernails revved up the race-inspired ensemble.
Fashion is what you buy; Style is what you do with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment