Friday, May 31, 2013

Vintage Vibe, Current Colors

Dress:  Dress Barn (a great place to try trendy colors and styles outside your fashion comfort zone with very little investment).
Necklace:  Dress Barn
Belt:  eBay
White Leather Bag:  Dooney & Bourke
Yellow Safety Pin Clutch:  Bodhi
Shoes:  Lindsay Phillips
After a month of Indy 500 inspired black and white looks, I was ready to welcome summer with a burst of vibrant color in "right now" shades of green, coral, and yellow. I don't typically wear big prints in super bright colors like this one, but the vivid floral and bird motif is fun to wear and has a retro 50s feel without looking "costumey." I found it at a bargain basement $30, so I was willing to take a risk outside of my standard clothing comfort zone.  I thought finding the right shoe might be a challenge, but nude Lindsay Phillips snap shoes with rhinestone and enamel snaps coordinate without overshadowing or competing with the loud print of the dress. An inexpensive mint green statement necklace also coordinates well, and I couldn't decide whether I preferred the bright yellow Bodhi Safety Pin Clutch (my favorite bag right now) or the traditional white leather Dooney & Bourke with cognac whipstitch trim.  Which do you prefer? 

Fashion is what you buy; Style is what you do with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment