Thursday, August 8, 2013

(Orange) Crush on Cotton Candy Stripes


Blouse (Dress Barn); Capris (Kohl's); Bag (Cole Haan); Watch (Michael Kors); Bracelet (Churchill Downs gift shop); Shoes (Poetic License); Monogram Shoe Clips (Initial Perfection, Etsy)
        I fell hard for these cotton candy pink and circus peanut orange striped Poetic License pumps.  But, pink and orange is a little obnoxious and can be hard to wear.  Once I got them home, I have to admit I really wasn't sure what to do with them.  So they sat in my closet, admired but unworn, for a long time.  

I tried wearing them with a conservative black suit, but wasn't thrilled with the result.  Keeping in mind my personal challenge (see my recent post), I went shopping in my closet for other pieces that might complement them and this is what I came up with.  I like pairing the shoes with capris, as opposed to long pants (these shoes are meant to be seen) and the neutral color tones down the ultra-vivid hues that might otherwise be overwhelming.  The three-quarter sleeve, orange pleated blouse is a staple I wear often and in all seasons, but generally pair with a dark color like chocolate brown. I was pretty satisfied with the result, and felt good about pulling together a coordinated look without having to buy anything new (though I did treat myself to the fun pink and orange monogrammed shoe clips from Etsy, which makes me love the shoes even more!)


Fashion is what you buy; Style is what you do with it!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is very informative. Eating mindfully has been very hard for people these days. It's all because of their busy schedules, work or lack of focus on themselves. As a student I must admit that I have not been eating mindfully but because of this I will start now. It could help me enjoy my food and time alone. Eating mindfully may help me be aware of healthy food and appreciating food.
    เห็ด หลิน จื อ แดง ยี่ห้อ ไหน ดี

    ReplyDelete